The wedding cake is always a detail we are excited to see coming through in our real wedding and styled shoot submissions here at One Fab Day. We are constantly blown away by the creativity of both our suppliers and vendors pushing the boundaries of cake design. One trend we are seeing constantly is the minimalist wedding trend, and there are quite a few modern wedding cakes creeping through right now. These cakes are where simplicity is the focus, but also they include a chic and contemporary artistic flourish. Whether it's playing with geometric shapes and gravity or creating unique textures, today we're sharing a curation of some of the must see modern wedding cake designs by talented cake designers from across the globe inspiring us right now. These contemporary cake designs will blow you away!
1. This edgy cake design features a Jeff Koons inspired ballon dog by Tortik Annushka.
2. Mismatched tiers are the epitome of an alternative wedding cake! We love this cake creation by A.R.D. Bakery with its artistic and architectural flair.
3. How cool is the texture of this cake alongside the ultra-modern concrete cake stand by The Butter End Cakery LA?
4. Yes, this is a real cake! This sculptural wedding cake masterpiece is by Victoria Made.
5. We love how this stunning blush marble cake by Flour & Flourish blurs the line between modern and romantic.
6. A carefully created gold brushstroke by Flour & Flourish gives this otherwise simple cake a modern wow factor.
7. This traditional white cake gets modernised by rose gold detailing by Clare Anne Taylor Couture Cakes.
8. Hold up - is this an art-installation or a cake? Tortik Annushka wows us again with her unbelievable skills.
9. This geometric wedding cake by Belly's Bake Shop contains so many different elements, we can’t pick a favourite part! The moody blues and shiny metallic details. The geometric layer with a marble design. And the simple spatula detailing is the perfect finishing touch!
10. Another mind-blowing, ultra-modern Tortik Annushka creation.
11. We love how the delicate pastel shades coexist with stylish dark tones and gold in this ultra-modern number by Crummb.
12. A.R.D. Bakeries awesome design focused wedding cakes continue to blow us away. I mean, can you believe this is a wedding cake?!
13. Now here's a modern wedding cake idea by Two Chicks and a Pot - a two-tier, white wedding cake with iridescent rainbow accents.
14. This modern cake design by Jasmine Rae Cakes has a special power because it’s not simply visually affecting, but also rather romantic.
15. This grey and gold multi-tiered creation by Tortik Annushka isn't your average confection!
16. Minimal and modern, this symmetry by Nutmeg Cake Design is almost too satisfying to eat!
17. Concrete wedding cakes are trending right now and Don't Tell Charles nails the trend with this hexagon concrete cake with geometric details.
18. This chic and contemporary cake by JENLA features elements such as 3D geometric leaves adding depth and dimension and a cascade of sugar orchids adding softness and romance.
19. Oh boy – have you seen a cake quite as unique as this? This creative masterpiece is by Hey There, Cupcake.
20. This marble-inspired showstopper by Jasmine Rae Cakes is are sure to be an unforgettable centrepiece at an industrial-inspired wedding.
21. A blush wedding cake like no other, this showstopper by Malarky Cakes stopped us right in our tracks.
22. Pleats, concertinas, starbursts and more, origami-inspired designs are big news for next season and this creative confection by Bloom Cake Co. ticks all the right boxes.
23. A trio of industrial wedding cake beauties by Whipped Up By Mimi.
24. For a single-colour statement, we love this sleek and modern plum wedding cake made with Satin Ice.
25. There's so much to love about this bold Malarky Cakes creation!
26. This sweet treat design by Alexis of Yield Bakehouse, with light floral touches, courtesy of Flowers for Dreams feels light, airy, and perfect for a modern celebration.
27. Cake design meets graphic design in this stunning Hey There, Cupcake design.
28. This ruffle design wedding cake by Maggie Austin is so simple yet so incredibly chic.
29. Mixing stripes and sparkles like this cake design by The Cake That Ate Paris creates a fun and contemporary cake design which is sure to wow your wedding guests!
30. We're simply blown away by this Terrazzo tile inspired wedding cake by Malarky Cakes. The colours, the detailing, we're in love!
Adore these? Get in touch with one of our wonderful recommended wedding cake suppliers who will happily chat you through options for the feather wedding cake of your dreams!
From the latest cake trends to delicious dessert ideas check out the rest of our great cake posts.
Plus, don't forget to pop over to our Pinterest for more gorgeous cake ideas.