Whether it's big tissue paper poms or small wool pom poms, we can't get enough of this rainbow bright wedding trend. There’s nothing that adds instant colour and fun to a wedding as effortlessly as a flurry of pom poms, and if you're a crafty queen, pom poms are something you can have lots of fun DIY-ing before the big day, too (and rope in friends and family members to help with!). To add a big stamp of personality across your big day, here’s 20 ways to decorate your big day with this cute and colourful trend.
Pom Pom Bouquets
Pom poms make a wonderful addition to your bridal bouquet. Whether they're an alternative to flowers, scattered throughout or trailing like ribbons, they add the perfect dose of fun to your florals.
Pom Pom Hair Accessories
The crowning glory, pom poms are soft, light, and easy to wear in your hair all day long and add a massive dash of fun!
Pom Pom Wedding Style
These balls of versatility can add a bright touch to veils, shoes, and jewellery - they're particularly gorgeous for personalising flower girl and page boy looks too!
Pom Pom Confetti
My favourite confetti idea of all time, being showered by pom poms as you make your way down the aisle is as fun as it gets! Just remember to check with your venue first, and delegate someone to do the clean-up!
Pom Pom Table Plans
If you're looking or a unique and colourful table plan, Bespoke Bride have got you covered with their simple DIY pom pom table plan. Or, alternatively, adorn your table plan with fluffy paper poms, your guests won't miss it!
Pom Pom Cake Topper
Little poms make the cutest cake toppers or, go one further with a pom pom-inspired cake!
Pom Pom Wedding Decor
From chair decor and small garlands, to photo backdrops and epic installations, get creative with pom poms to add a splash of personality to your decor.
Tips for Using Pom Poms in Your Wedding
- Pom poms are relatively easy to make. For wool, you can try the old school card method or, buy a handy-dandy pom pom maker! For tissue pom poms, you can also DIY these or, find them in discount or party stores.
- Pom poms will always look better in clusters rather than alone and pairing different sizes of pom poms will also create the best visual impact.
- Pro styling tip: Always hang pom poms in odd numbers, 3, 5 or 7 so they don't look too symmetrical.
- Make a few extra tissue paper balls to scatter on the floor and on tables to give the entire space added pops of colour.
- Plan out your colours carefully, you can opt for a kaleidoscope of colour or go for an ombre aesthetic with similar tones.
Get more fun and unique decor ideas here!