If light-as-air florals are on your moodboard then this delicate dried flower is the one to get pinning. Lunaria, also known as Honesty, Moonwort or Money Plant, produces purple flowers, which, when fully dried, become paper thin leaves in translucent, iridescent tones of pearl and silver, earning them the nickname silver dollars. These beautiful, dried leaves look totally magical and are the perfect unexpected detail in your wedding flowers! We've seen this unique plant used in some really inspiring ways, from ceiling installations to cake decoration so, without further ado, here are our very favourite Lunaria and silver dollar wedding flower ideas.
Lunaria Wedding Flower Ideas
1. When woven together, lunaria can create magical installations above tables, evocative of falling leaves suspended in mid air, just like this epic creation by Wild Bloom Floral.
2. We can't stop staring at this beautiful lunaria bridal crown. It's such a pretty statement piece!
3. Baby's breath and lunaria makes for a simple yet stunning bridal bouquet combo by Botanique.
4. Lunaria and fluffy ivory feathers make for the perfect cake adornment by Designs by Hemingway.
5. A delicate floral hoop dressed with lunaria like this one by Flore Creations is the perfect alternative to a bouquet for anyone in the bridal party.
6. Soft baby pink roses, dried rabbit's tail and Lisianthus are the perfect partners for lunaria, as seen in this beautiful bouquet by Anna Tews.
7. A pretty, dusty pink lunaria floral arrangement sits perfectly on this modern and minimal table setting.
8. This dreamy bouquet created by Amber Gibbons of Mrs Gibbons Flowers resembles a cloud, and features fluffy peonies and orchids alongside delicate lunaria.
9. Modern and minimal, this simple centrepiece is an ode to Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging. Negative space plays a key role in this Pallava Flower Studio design, letting the lunaria and carnations shine.
10. A simple bunch of lunaria is the perfect addition to this chic, modern table plan.
11. These lunaria bridesmaid and bridal bouquets are simply magical against the soft blue colour palette of the bridesmaids dresses.
12. This sweet and simple buttercream cake by The Cookie Social is complemented perfectly with smooth and delicate lunaria sprigs.
13. There's nothing more classic than an all-white wedding, but this centrepiece, with its glassy-like lunaria and white fern, is a fresh take on a monochromatic palette.
14. Lunaria and feathers pair beautifully in this Fleur-Di-Re art deco-inspired bouquet.
15. Queen of floral installations, Sarah Winward, shows just how gorgeous and etheral lunaria looks as part of this floating flower cloud installation.
16. What a darling cake by Living Foraged and Dream Cakes! Sweet and simple, it features dried tall grasses and lunaria.
17. There's no rule that states you have to have vases full of flowers on your dining tables! Dried leaves and wispy ferns, pampas grass, anthurium and lunaria all combine beautifully to create this unique centrepiece.
18. Lunaria and anemone is a dynamic duo if we ever saw one!
19. This lunaria wedding cake by Sugar Cloud is all kinds of chic!
20. Delicate lunaria and wispy rust-coloured fern will make your guests do a double-take!
21. We've fallen hard for these these gorgeous lunaria chair wreaths by Michelle Lywood Loves Blooms. What a sweet idea!
22. We love this statement floral hoop bouquet by Eothen.
Tips for Using Lunaria in your Wedding
- Native to Southeastern Europe and Western Asia, lunaria blooms late spring to early summer, but is available all year long as a dried plant.
- Long lasting, lunaria is a great option if you need to prepare your flowers in advance.
- Lunaria pairs beautifully with dried flowers, check out some of our favourite dried wedding flower ideas here.
- To find the perfect florist to create your dream look, check out the handpicked florists in our supplier directory.
- Dried flowers are a great sustainable option for your wedding flowers.
- Dried flowers are also much easier to preserve if you want to keep your wedding bouquet.
From bouquets to centrepieces, check out more wedding flower inspiration here and follow us on Instagram.